SoundSpigotSoundspigot is a sound playing program for attractions and halloween haunts. It is designed for playing short samples triggered by switches connected to the PC's parallel port. Several other triggering modes are available - see the HOWTO.
Soundspigot can turn an old PC into a reliable, high-quality triggered sound source.
Soundspigot is Free Software released under the GNU GPL.
- Plays sounds from RAM, so it reacts quickly to triggers.
- Can play sounds:
- in response to parallel port triggers
- in response to network messages
- at timed intervals
- Automatically re-reads config file whenever it's modified, allowing quick fine-tuning with a text editor.
- Mixes sounds that are configured for the same output channel.
LinksThe HOWTO - step by step instructions for setup.
Reference to the config file format and parallel port connections.
Example soundspigot.conf - an example of the configuration file.
Download the latest